Sr. Payroll Manager
HIRING COMPANY INDUSTRY
Hospital & Health Care
New York, NY
As a key member of our team, this role is responsible for managing the enterprise payroll operations for 2,000 employees for five distinct organizations. This hands-on role will centralize, oversee, and process multistate complex payrolls ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the bi-weekly payrolls.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Centralize and manage payroll operations across the enterprise; perform payroll operations, as necessary.
• Effectively lead and grow a strong, motivated team with geographically dispersed staff working in various remote and onsite locations.
• Ensure compliance of all aspects of payroll policies, guidelines, procedures, and regulations across the enterprise.
• Ensure consistent implementation, usage, controls, and maintenance of Workday Payroll software across the enterprise.
• Create Workday Payroll reports, data files, and ad-hoc analyses needed to support employee compensation, workers compensation, budgeting requirements, and other requests.
• Prepare and file quarterly/annual payroll tax forms (i.e., Form 941) and reconciliations.
• Manage auditing of expense reimbursements for the enterprise.
• Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc. to provide consistent practices throughout the organization.
• Interact with other business units to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
• Partner with HR/Benefits to align/implement a more advanced payroll and benefits system.
• Key participant in the implementation of a new timekeeping system and improved practices for the enterprise.
• Act as the lead point of contact for payroll-related disputes.
To qualify, applicants must have
- a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or closely related field.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in automated payroll processing and at least 3 years’ experience as a supervisor/manager.
- Experience with union payrolls and automated payroll systems is required.
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll preferred.
- Experience with Kronos timekeeping or similar timekeeping software.
- Experience in payroll tax and accounting principles as well as wage and hour laws
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com