HRIS Associate – Workday
Financial Services Provider
Santa Monica, CA
Hybrid – 3 days in office / 2 days at home
The HR Infrastructure team provides systems that enable us to design strategic workflows, processes, governance, and data that powers HR. We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our growing HR Infrastructure Team. As an established Workday customer, we are continuously enhancing existing functionality, vetting new modules, and assisting our end users to maximize Workday’s capabilities. Our current Workday landscape includes Core HCM, Benefits, Payroll, Time Tracking, Recruiting, Performance and Development, Advanced Compensation, Learning and Absence Management.
The HRIS Specialist is responsible for analyzing HRIS process design and workflow, and identifying ways to improve processes and build out technological capabilities. The role designs system test plans and test scenarios to enhance system operations and HR reporting with the ultimate goal of solving business needs.
- Recommend and implement policies on reporting standards and offer technical solutions to gain process efficiency and improve data integrity.
- Educate and promote self-service reporting functionality with end users by utilizing various communication and training methodologies.
- Assist with the exploration, evaluation, recommendation, design, and configuration of new features, and functionalities of associated modules within Workday.
- Participates in Workday’s bi-annual releases; perform fit and gap analysis on Workday processes and upcoming features that impact the overarching structure of our Workday ecosystem.
- Thoroughly test configurations through unit testing and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) across teams.
- Create functional and technical systems documentation.
- Proactively find inefficiencies in processes, suggest enhancements, and present proposals to leadership.
- Effectively collaborates with teams such as HR, Talent, Recruiting, Technology, Finance, and others to provide support for requests such as enhancements, defects, and new functionality.
- Develop, create, and maintain a variety of complex Workday reports (advanced, matrix, composite,) utilizing Workday Report Writer.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal/external to HR) to understand new report/data requirements and ensures results meet the business needs within Workday.
- Provide support for Workday, including researching, identifying, and resolving complex Workday issues, unexpected results, and process flaws.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, Business, or Technology discipline, or equivalent
- 5+ years of Workday technical and functional Core HCM experience, ideally with focus on report writing.
- Proven Workday report design experience including writing complex calculated fields.
- Demonstrated configuration experience across Workday modules, including business process and security framework configuration.
- Ability to prepare test plans and scripts; executes test scripts; oversees and supports user acceptance testing.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to understand and interpret stakeholder requirements & translate into meaningful metrics and reports.
- Customer service oriented with a passion for employee experience.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills with a high attention to detail; demonstrated strength in problem-solving and multi-tasking.
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and data accuracy when handling employee information.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team setting or independently in a dynamically changing environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com