Sr. Manager – Workday Systems
Remote (100%) – But must be based out of the US
Large Civil & Social organization
No H1B Visa sponsorship
Only US Citizens, GC, EAD holders can apply
We are looking for a highly motivated, senior-level Workday Systems Manager of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems (HCM, Payroll, Grants Management, and Financials) to join a talented and diverse team consisting of technology and business members. The Manager will report to VP, Software Engineering. This position will be a technical subject matter expert and perform hands-on Workday configurations as well as reporting and integration related to these systems. All work will be driven and managed through Agile SCRUM methodologies.
- The Manager must exhibit a deep understanding of the Workday product platforms and continually strengthen his/her skillset and knowledge through regular training and research.
- The Manager shall
- Support application operations, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Perform configurations to tailor Workday to fulfill business needs, demonstrating expertise with complex business processes.
- Write and modify reports and integrations.
- Create documentation for requirements, design, technical specifications, change management, and implementation.
- Work directly with the business users, internal teams, and vendors for both support and project work.
- Identify product features useful to the organization.
- Review weekly and twice a year Workday releases and upgrades.
- Mentor and coach new team members and junior level staff.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and cross functional teams to establish roadmap and implement projects.
- The Manager will utilize the existing Agile/DevOps process framework to perform his/her work, using Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, and Salesforce.
- BA/BS Degree, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of Workday experience, including HCM, Payroll, and Financials.
- Knowledge of HR, Financials and Accounting.
- Preferred 7-10 years of experience in Financial systems.
- Workday Grants Management experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills and an ability to learn technology tools quickly.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC processes or similar methodology with a willingness to embrace Agile.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org