Workday Finance Functional Specialist
Remote (100%) – But must be based out of the US
Large Civil & Social organization
No H1B Visa sponsorship
Only US Citizens, GC, EAD holders can apply
We are looking for a highly motivated Workday Finance Functional Specialist to be a key team player in partnering with our internal stakeholders and technology team for initiatives related to Workday Financials (FIN). This role will report to the Workday Systems Manager. This Specialist position will be hands-on, working directly with our Finance team to configure Workday and develop custom reports. The Specialist will utilize ITIL processes.
- The Specialist must be able to articulate and convey Workday FIN concepts in a manner that is easily consumable by business stakeholders, understanding the business needs and problems to solve, and offering best practices and options to accomplish.
- The Specialist shall
- Partner with Workday Finance areas, including Reporting, General Ledger, Budgets, Planning (Adaptive Insights), Expenses, Procurement, Projects, and Grants for design and maintenance of system.
- Offer strong consultative guidance to business and Finance leaders in service delivery, focused on initiatives that support strategic goals as well as defects and enhancements.
- Support maintenance to the Foundational Data Model (FDM) across areas of responsibility.
- Perform configurations in Workday including Integrations, Business Processes, Calculated Fields, and Security.
- Test, validate and implement Business Process changes in Workday.
- Collaborate with Workday Change Advisory Board for prioritizing sprints, using agile methodology.
- Architect solutions with the Information Technology team for alignment to other core systems, including building and supporting custom integrations.
- Maintain and continue to develop knowledge of Workday FIN functionality
- Perform custom report development.
- Work directly with the business users, internal teams, and vendors for both support and project work.
- BA/BS Degree, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
- At least three years of Workday experience.
- At least five years of Financial system experience.
- Preferred at least two years supporting Workday FIN, including integrations development, configurations, Business Processes (BP), reporting, and security.
- Preferred at least two years supporting Adaptive Insights.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to learn technology tools quickly.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with the team.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Knowledge of Agile SDLC processes or similar methodology.
- Experience with ITIL processes.
- Prefer experience with Transact-SQL.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com