Workday Finance Business Analyst – Techno-Functional (Full-time)
40 % Technical – Reports, Analyze Data, Liason between IT and Finance
6 0% Functional – Finance (General Ledger, Expense, A/P, Procurement, Fixed Assets, and others)
Daytona Beach, FL
Will be provided
Leading private university
Only US Citizens / GC Holders / EAD Holders can apply. No sponsorship.
The University’s Controller’s Office at seeks a full-time Techno-Functional Business Analyst. This position works with functional leads across departments to develop and implement solutions to the University’s Workday Finance Management application to ensure solutions meet business requirements. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the technical architecture of Workday (Financials) and the ability to use a variety of techniques and tools to achieve the desired application functionality.
- Serves as a liaison with various Finance departments (e.g., University Accounting, Finance and Budget, Procurement Services, Office of Sponsored Research, etc.) and IT to provide systems support and analysis and to leverage technology solutions to meet the needs of the division and all associated information system users.
- Provide process and strategy improvements for financials, revenue management, grants management, procurement, expenses, and strategic sourcing.
- Provide continuous improvement cycles of existing and new business processes.
- Create global reports and dashboards on weekly, quarterly, annually, and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Work with functional leads of various departments to create functional requirements and assist with configuration activities.
- Interacts with functional staff throughout the University community, including foreign subsidiaries, to troubleshoot issues and design and implement resolutions.
- Review business processes and advise functional users on system functionality available within the Workday Finance application.
- Collaborate with IT to update system configuration and business processes to meet the needs of the University.
- Create matrix/composite reports and accurately analyze financial and other data.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and correct technical problems and deficiencies.
- Assist staff with technical issues related to the use of Workday.
- Responsible for assisting with the testing and planning of Workday releases. Collaborate with functional areas for Workday testing of all new releases to include General Ledger, Expense, A/P, Procurement, Fixed Assets, and others.
- Assist with the development of testing guidelines.
- Work with functional areas to keep management updated on system enhancements and changes.
- Provide user training.
- Keep up-to-date on Finance Workday related system enhancements and attend training and webinars to acquire additional knowledge.
- Develop training curriculum and conduct formal and informal training sessions regarding related applications.
- Help create job aids for Workday that cover new and existing functionality.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is required. A Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of two years of business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Workday Financials preferred.
- Skill in collecting, organizing, analyzing data, and solving a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Experience working with customers to solve problems, provide guidance, and enhance their ability to use functional modules.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to manage project-related tasks and provide regular updates.
- Ability to assess risks and provide recommendations.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Department Specific Functions:
- Works with other University areas and systems/business analysts and project managers on joint projects as necessary.
- Works as part of an agile team to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Demonstrates behaviors that emphasize collaboration, delivery, reflection, and improvement.
- Monitors and assesses operational and strategic user demands.
- Documents business requirements, process workflows, and other results of business analysis gathering; obtains sign-off from users on specifications.
- Understands the long-term business objectives, and suggests strategies to meet those objectives; introduces innovation to business processes through
- Workday Finance and related systems technology if appropriate.
- Proactively supports and fosters a culture of continual service improvement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org