Workday HRIS – IT Application Support Analyst
Financial Services company
Grand Rapids, MI
Remote to start with since the entire team is working remotely.
But must work from the office location in Grand Rapids as soon as the employees return to work.
– is based within the IT Department
– reports into the Applications Support Manager
– would be the second HRIS Analyst within the team
The IT Application Support Analyst (Workday HRIS) position is responsible for playing a central role in the Workday HRIS roadmap. This role will serve as IT support for Workday modules (Absence Management, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, HCM, Learning, Payroll, Performance, Recruiting, Succession Planning and Time Tracking). This role will be the IT point of contact for the Workday HRIS and assisting with the implementation and release of new functionality and enhancements, as well as operational tasks.
- Working directly with the Talent Management staff in assisting with the exploration, evaluation, recommendation, design, and configuration of new features and functionalities within Workday to existing processes and procedures.
- Documenting requirements and functional specifications to support Workday HRIS modules needs for systems implementation, upgrades, and process improvements.
- Developing and enhancing working knowledge through training, independent research, and experimentation to become an SME and help determine the right technology solutions to meet strategic business initiatives.
- Be the voice of the application in all things Workday (Absence Management, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, HCM, Learning, Payroll, Performance, Recruiting, Succession Planning, and Time Tracking). Providing consult to multi-functional teams both inside and outside of Talent Management.
- Participating in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) during system upgrades and deployments.
- Proactively finding inefficiencies in processes, suggesting enhancements, and presenting proposals to the Talent Management team. Providing operational and project support.
- Assists with Workday HRIS projects as defined by leadership, providing regular project updates, and adhering to project deadlines.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining positive relationships with vendors and consultants to address support and project activities.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of information contained in Workday HRIS.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting Workday HRIS.
- Working knowledge of Workday modules (Absence Management, Advanced Compensation, Benefits, HCM, Learning, Payroll, Performance, Recruiting, Succession Planning and Time Tracking) is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations is a plus.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis, and solving skills.
- Researches and analyzes requests to provide recommendations for system enhancements.
- Ability to translate the technical requirements to business needs and vice versa.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and discuss technical issues, with all levels of employees, business units, and vendors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees, business units, and vendors.
- Completes new installations and version upgrades for applications on servers and/or users PCs.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain regularly scheduled attendance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org