Workday HCM and Payroll SME (Full time / Permanent)
Atlanta, GA *** Remote possible for the right candidate
Leading Financial Services Company
No Visa Candidates – Only US Citizens / Green Card / EAD
This position reports into AVP – HR
They will also have an HRIS Analyst reporting to them.
The Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) and Payroll SME role is a hands-on and consultative position that supports the Human Resources (HR), Payroll and Accounting functions including but not limited to Core HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management, Recruiting and Onboarding, Succession, Security, Integrations, and Reporting. This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring each functional area is getting the most out of the Workday investment by analyzing tenant set up to identify opportunities for improvement, identifying security gaps, resolving bottlenecks in business processes, and helping the HR, Payroll and Accounting teams leverage Workday analytics for deeper, more actionable insights. This role will support the entire Workday platform and partner with the team on solutions around break-fix and enhancement requests and seek opportunities to transfer knowledge and training to the team to help the team become more self-sufficient in managing Workday.
• With a focus on automation and continuous improvement, the ideal candidate will collaborate with the HR, Payroll, and Accounting teams to ensure the Workday production tenant is effectively set up and identify areas of opportunities for improvement where needed.
• Collaborates with the HR, Payroll, and Accounting teams to identify and resolve issues related to but not limited to configuration, business process, integration, and reporting issues and pursues opportunities for increased efficiency.
• Possesses a broad understanding of cross-functional touchpoints and their impacts within the Workday system to effectively develop solutions to complex problems/projects across multiple modules.
• Proactively identifies trouble spots in Workday and recommends solutions.
• Acts as a Technical/Functional SME; and is involved in supporting issues across the entire Workday platform.
• Serves as an escalation point for critical functional issue resolution
• Partners in big picture planning as well as solving defined problems and collaborates across HR, Payroll and other parts of the business to determine how to best leverage Workday for business needs.
• Ensures all functional areas take advantage of Workday best practices.
• Assist in monitoring integrations to ensure there are no errors/failures in the delivery.
• Frequently discusses, and can articulate to the team, lessons learned from previous client experience and Workday best practices.
• Continuously seek opportunities to transfer knowledge and training to help the team become more self-sufficient in navigating Workday.
• Effectively listens to teams’ requests/issues or concerns, assesses actual need, provides subjective matter expertise, proposes alternatives, and recommends solution(s).
• Uses strong presentation, communication, listening, and consultative skills to guide and drive discussions.
• Supports in creating standard and/or custom reports as needed
• Leads Workday release efforts, analyzes impact, define the scope, prioritize, plan, assist in completing regression testing and implementing changes and enhancements based on the priority.
• Documents the current (as-is) and future (to-be) state of Workday configurations and modifications, maintenance and supports updates as needed.
• Prepares internal scripts and documentation to be used by the internal HR, Payroll, and Accounting teams to assist in daily tasks.
• Secures Workday system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
• Manages Company risk relative to the position.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT
• 5+ years’ experience configuring and implementing Workday, experience as a client of Workday through implementation, and experience in other HRIS systems.
• 4 years of consulting experience either as an internal consultant or with a software consulting company.
• Workday certification strongly preferred.
• Experience in all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing).
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge and language of the following business areas: Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll or relevant academic coursework / professional certification program.
• Ability to be an analytical thinker with process development expertise
• Experience with Workday reporting and security concepts.
• Organized, detailed, and possession of excellent consultative, customer service, and problem-solving skills
• Operate in a fast-paced environment and handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
• Owns the HCM system while maintaining a collaborative approach across all functional areas
• Ability to multi-task across functional areas in the HCM system
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
• Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated HCM system
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org