Workday HCM Analyst
Remote or Arlington, VA
Excellent benefits include free tuition for employees and families.
The Workday HCM System Analyst will be the technical lead for the administration and configuration of the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system. This position will collaborate with business partners to identify, recommend and implement system improvements and enhancements, including reporting, dashboards, integrations, and configuration changes that will enable Workday to support Marymount’s strategic and operational priorities. The incumbent will also function as quality assurance and change management advocate to manage Workday’s bi-annual release cycles.
This hands-on role require a demonstrated working knowledge of Workday Human Resource and Payroll components. The ideal candidate will also have experience with one or more of the following: Workday Finance, Workday Student, and Prism Analytics. The incumbent should be able to identify, define and resolve potential problems and enhance system functionality by making changes to the following; System Configuration, Operational Processes, Security Profiles, Complex Reports, and Integrations.
The candidate should demonstrate a consultative approach to effectively influence a wide variety of stakeholders to adopt new and cost-effective business practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with business process administrators and technical support staff to enforce data quality standards
- Coordinate with functional units to design and maintain testing strategies for continuous improvement during new release cycles; maintain documentation of new features and functionality
- Coordinate with business process administrators to execute test plans during formal test periods for every Workday update. Write automated test scripts using cutting edge tools. Build regression and acceptance test scenarios working closely with business process owners
- Monitor Workday Community for new release functionality. Coordinate with other business units to make required configuration/ content / reporting / integration changes. Analyze and manage Workday releases, assess impacts including architecting, configuring, prototyping, testing and deploying updates
- Troubleshoot system problems, determine root cause, and implement solutions.
- Create custom reports and dashboards
- Design, configure, and test simple integrations between Workday and external systems using Enterprise Integration Builder (EIB) and other Workday tools
- Monitor the system for problems and identify and implement corrective and preventive measures
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements, advise stakeholders on options, risks and any impacts on other processes or systems
- Partner with business process administrators to implement process improvements and policy changes designed to improve efficiency and the user experience with the system
- Ensure secure, end-user access and data integrity across the Workday platform
- Participate in the change management and go live support processes during upgrades; help maintain end-user training and job aids
- Understand Workday security including adjusting domains and security groups
- Support critical system maintenance and operational tasks within Workday
- Generate and maintain a variety of reports, queries and dashboards using appropriate Workday tools
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience sufficient to enable the candidate to perform the duties of the position
- 3-5 years of Workday specific experience, preferably in a higher education setting
- Working knowledge of HR, finance and accounting business practices
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects simultaneously
- Expertise in higher education functional areas preferred (e.g., Human Resources, Finance, Registration, Admissions, Financial Aid, Development)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language, demonstrating natural ease and effectiveness working across levels and teams with varying levels of ambiguity or uncertainty
- Strength and experience building relationships and collaborating across lines of difference, balancing stakeholders’ needs, managing expectations, and leading/owning cross-team projects with great attention to detail
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com