Senior HRIS Analyst – Workday
Preferred – Columbus, OH
Open to other locations as well.
Housing / Healthcare
The Senior HRIS Analyst will oversee production support and ongoing maintenance of the Workday system in addition to supporting special projects, new implementations within the system. This person is accountable for working closely with the business and technical teams to enact an HRIS strategy and ensure the successful configuration, testing, and implementation of Workday within the HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Performance, and US Payroll modules. Acting as a subject matter expert on the system, the Senior HRIS Analyst will provide support and guidance to the HR team, managers, and employees on the proper use of Workday in supporting the overall business operations.
Leveraging best practices and previous experience, this role will play a vital part in analyzing user requirements, procedures, and limitations to automate or improve existing workflows to current and future organizational needs.
This role reports to the HRIS Lead with a collaborative line to the CHRO and HR business partners. This hands-on role will foster consistent accountability as an individual contributor with a moderate level of guidance.
- Scope, design and execute project plans using HR functional knowledge combined with strong technical expertise of Workday to drive process and system efficiencies/best practices, promote data integrity and effective use of metrics and analytics across HR to drive business results
- Collaborate with business partners and internal stakeholders to gather and define requirements to proactively identify key opportunities within the system
- Lead the evaluation, testing and execution of new system modules or configurations and release updates in conjunction with HRIS team
- Perform thorough problem analysis, including problem re-creation, resulting in resolution. Troubleshoot system and integration issues by identifying root causes and implement/oversee required corrections to prevent a recurrence. Work with HRIS team to create or maintain system documentation as necessary to include changes to system configuration
- Serve as project manager for HRIS projects; define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and forming project teams. Monitors and forwards project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions and influencing team members
- Lead, organize, and direct internal user group sessions to encourage collaboration and knowledge sharing between the various business units and functional areas that use the HRIS
- Act as the liaison between the third party and internal integration partners; impact analysis, testing new features, and identifying opportunities to leverage new functionality.
- Support the implementation and rollout of additional Workday modules in the future, including but not limited to Advanced Comp and Talent Optimization
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies, and procedures including, but not limited to the Compliance Program: Code of Conduct, HIPAA, and Documentation Standards
- Complex Group Dynamics: Understands and effectively manages group dynamics and ambiguity
- Judgment: Is able to discern when to inquire, advocate, drive or resolve more decisively
- Subject Matter Expertise: Knows and applies best practices in HRIS
- Strategic Agility: Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can participate in developing and articulating credible pictures of the future, possibilities and likelihoods; can contribute to the creation of competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Two-way communications: Seeks out and listens to all levels of employees and stakeholders to develop full understanding of issues and possible solutions that drive business performance. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
- Continuous Learning and proven servant leadership aptitude:
- Commits to continuous learning/improvement.
- Recognizes and addresses one’s filters, privileges, biases, and cultural preferences.
- Placing the needs of others first
- Seeks and utilizes feedback from diverse sources.
- Foster and maintain inter and intra-departmental and vendor relationships
- Leverage relationships to accomplish tasks more effectively and efficiently
- Collaborative team player with the ability to build strong working relationships with peers and key stakeholders across the enterprise
- Motivated self-starter with a responsive, friendly, and professional demeanor and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized with strong time management skills and the ability to effectively handle both complexity and ambiguity
- Ensures accountability and execution\Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and quality
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and initiative to address areas of opportunity
- Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
- Ability to communicate technical solutions in simple, friendly business terms and translate raw ideas into potential solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work-related experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience configuring and administering Workday within the following modules:
- Business process configuration and calculated fields
- Experience in system life-cycle phase, requirements, analysis, design, testing, implementation, deployment and system upgrade
- Broad functional experience and knowledge across multiple Workday modules. Willingness and interest in learning additional Workday modules preferred
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures with the aptitude and desire to learn more and support a dynamic function
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com