White Plains, NY
The Workday Data Analyst plays a key role in implementing firm priorities to attract, develop, engage, retain and advance a diverse workforce. This position partners with colleagues on our people teams, including HRIS, and other business services departments (e.g., Client Accounting, Marketing & Communications, Business Services & Information) as well as practice management and firm committees, applies quantitative analysis know-how to help the firm understand, monitor and communicate progress and opportunities across all areas of our DEI strategy plan.
- Understands and follows relevant protocols, policies and guidance in coordinating the collection and review of various types of data.
- Generates, analyzes and presents quantitative data to help diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and talent development leadership evaluate the status of projects and priorities.
- Standardizes approach to presenting analyses of various stages of our attorney talent pipeline.
- Prepares and presents to relevant stakeholders data on the composition of work project teams, including by liaising with Client Accounting teams to address client e-billing systems requirements.
- Liaises with Marketing & Communications teams to respond to the DEI sections of requests for proposals by clients.
- Collects and analyzes relevant data for marketing materials, client pitch presentations and other special projects (including, but not limited to, Mansfield Rule data tracking).
- Responds to industry survey requests.
- Tracks industry benchmarks to assist in the assessment of the firm’s progress on DEI.
- Tracks external DEI trends and best practices, particularly with respect to approaches to KPIs and metrics.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong quantitative data analysis and visualization skills and advanced Excel experience
- Proficiency with Workday and HRIS protocols
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive information
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking ability
- Ability to apply data analysis experience in the diversity, equity and inclusion or talent development contexts
- Projects professionalism, engagement and energy
- Proficiency with technology resources to find solutions that drive efficiency and excellence in planning and implementation processes
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple constituents and multiple deadlines
- General knowledge of the internal policies and procedures of a professional services firm
- Ability to organize and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry direction(s), and best practices.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of experience in a data analytics role
- Experience in an environment that utilizes data-driven processes
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org