Workday Payroll Systems Manager
This position is located in a fast-paced, highly analytical, and dynamic environment. The position operates under the direction of the Director of Payroll Services. Responsibilities include managing technical innovations and process improvements in global payroll operations including time and attendance, operations, and tax/accounting. This position manages 2 technical analysts.
- Manage a team of 2 Technical Analysts.
- Manage system support of Workday HRMS Payroll functions to ensure the accuracy, data integrity, and timeliness of all payroll transactions, auditing, and reporting
- Manage time and attendance system configuration/programming required for set-up and application of labor laws, company policies, and rules required for legal compliance
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods and procedures related to the time and attendance and payroll functions in order to ensure the efficiency of operations and excellent customer service.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new technologies or business applications that support the Payroll strategic initiatives and goals. This may include communication, scope definition, requirements gathering, and preparing the business for change.
- Act as project manager for approved payroll projects, strategic payroll initiatives, and integration of newly acquired business, systems upgrades, implementations, and technical-related projects including troubleshooting and problem resolution; coordinate and validate complete and accurate testing
- Oversee the development, documentation, and maintenance of departmental procedures, payroll integration, and system test methods
- Develop and oversee departmental metrics
- Oversee the coordination and testing of the new benefit, compensation, policy, and labor-related programs and initiatives
- Serve as liaison to the greater HR and Total Rewards community on process and system improvement initiatives
- Serve as liaison between IT staff/HR Technology and user community to communicate business/system application needs.
- Lead change by catalyzing new approaches to improve results and helping others overcome resistance to change
- Drive innovation by creating solutions and experimenting with new ways to solve work problems
- Drive results by setting, monitoring, and achieving goals designed to achieve exceptional business results
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience (minimum 5 years)
- High level of technical aptitude
- Advanced spreadsheet and mathematical skills
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft Office
- High level of business acumen
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience using Workday system
- Payroll experience
- Project management experience
The Salaried payroll position is required to be on call during payroll processing, work holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed. Incumbent must be able to prioritize workload, work under time constraints and meet deadlines. This role must be able to manage professional relationships across multiple business areas and demonstrate a positive attitude, initiative, and ability to build collaborative teams and drive change management throughout the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org